Deepwater Means Smaller
Deepwater applications require small, lightweight, low maintenance, high reliability, and long service life.
Hyracon direct operated solenoid valves are up to 88% smaller and 83% lighter than direct operated shear seal valves!
|Shear seal valve||Balanced poppet valve||% Savings|
|Space Utilization (cu. in.)||108||13||88|
- Smaller and lightweight hydraulic systems
- Smaller topside handling systems
- Smaller electrical and mechanical cables
- Size reduction or elimination of oil filled pods
- Reduction and elimination of hydraulic tubing runs
- Lower electrical power
- Use of electrical pulsing techniques
- Use of battery power
- Use of backup systems
- Use of redundancy
- Intervention – smaller ROVs or AUVs
- Deepwater - to 20,000 feet depth
- Use your imagination
Deepwater means smaller valves. Deepwater also means higher efficiency, longer service life, and higher levels of reliability. Leading valves can be too big, heavy, and use too much power.
Hydracon produces poppet style solenoid valves; both balanced and unbalanced. The valve seats are contamination tolerant and encompass aerospace technologies proven over forty years. Hydracon has experience in deepwater controls experience since 1973. Hydracon designs and manufactures submersible solenoid valves. For one order alone, we produced 1,100 ocean submersible solenoid valves for use on Deepwater Control Systems to 10,000 foot ocean depth.
If your goal is deepwater, look deeper.
SMALLER VALVES for SMALLER DEEPWATER CONTROL SYSTEMS
Read Offshore Technology Magazine article, Deepwater Means Smaller.