Submersible Solenoid Valve 1703-201
Solenoid Valve 1703-201
- Ocean Submersible to 10,000 FT. Depth
- Cavity Insertion
- Small Size
- Low Amperage
- Contamination Tolerant
- Metallic Seats
Designed for a new generation of deepwater drilling control systems and reduce the size and weight of control systems. By locating this ocean submersible solenoid valve on the SPM valve, the pod is greatly reduced in size. Additionally, the manifold and hard piping are eliminated. As compared to shear seal valves, this valve provides about 70% savings in space reduction. Additional size and weight savings are considerable after elimination of the manifold and size reduction of the pod.
The ocean submersible solenoids are electron-beam welded to provide a seal-less solenoid/connector assembly. The valve has been tested using intentionally contaminated fluid.
- Cavity insertion pilot valve
- 3 way, 2 position, normally closed
- Solenoid operated, with underwater connector
- Contamination tolerant metallic seats
- Operating fluid pressure: 3,000 psid
- Flow: 3.2 GPM @ 3,000 psi, Cv = 0.07
- Internal leakage: less than 1 cc/hr
- Electrical: 0.65 amps @ 24 VDC
- Ambient: to 10,000 ft. ocean depth (4,450 psi)
- Size: valve stab: 1.56" long; solenoid: 2.25" dia. x 3.5" long, plus connector
- Weight: 2.7 lbs.
- Materials: Stainless Steel
A smaller solenoid version, 1703-300, designed for use in downhole tools, has a 1.2" diameter solenoid.
Please contact us for pricing and delivery. Orders placed are custom manufactured. Products are not inventoried.